Re: Why did this receipe fail?

1998-05-28 10:26:58
Steve Woodard wrote
I have this recipe in my .procmailrc file-
# trash anything coming from smut sites
:0
* ^From.*(sex|xxx)
* ^TO.*(sex|xxx)
* ^Subject:.*(sex|xxx)
* ^Subject:.*adults
/dev/null

Why did mail with this subject line get through my filter?-
Subject: Wholesale XXX Videos

According to the log file, only the first condition was tested.  I
thought zero or more conditions were valid between the start of the
recipe and the action line??  I expected to see a log entry for each
condition of the recipe...

procmail: No match on "^From.*(sex|xxx)"
procmail: No match on "^From(_dot_)*jwwoodard(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com"
(the hotmail.com line is the condition in the next recipe after the one
in question)

        Using multiple lines is an and'ing type of function.  So,
        all conditions above must be true for it to correctly match.
        If, as your log file indicates, it doesn't match the first recipe,
        there's no reason to try the others.  A better solution
        would be to make multiple separate recipies, or use | or combine
        it into one recipe.

                                                Steve

Steven Jorgensen      steve(_at_)khoral(_dot_)com
steve(_at_)haunt(_dot_)com
Khoral Research Inc.          | PHONE: (505) 837-6500
6200 Uptown Blvd, Suite 200   | FAX:   (505) 881-3842
Albuquerque, NM 87110         | URL: http://www.khoral.com/