escaped FROM

1998-05-30 07:09:49

I'm getting really quite annoyed by the lines beginning with From in
messages being escaped ">From" - even when they are not preceeded by a
blank line.

procmail is my local delivery agent, but Mlocal (in sendmail.cf) does NOT
have the F=E flag on.  Everywhere I look, it appears that Procmail may be
performing this escape.  It also occurs on mail directed to accounts which
have no procmail recipes whatsoever.

I'm running procmail 3.11pre7 and sendmail 8.8.5, with a sendmail.cf Mlocal
invoking procmail with:

        procmail -a $h -d $u

Pointers anyone?

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395