Re: Duplicate checking -- warning

1998-06-03 01:27:38
Timothy J Luoma wrote:

        I keep a big idfile

                formail -D 819200 .procmail.idfile

        but that really shouldn't matter.

  I've given up on "formail -D".  Besides the problems you
mention, it kills the wrong messages.  For me, duplicates
usually occur when someone Cc:'s me on a reply to one of my
messages in a list.  In the vast majority of cases, the
copy sent directly to me will get here before the list copy
that detours through the list-server.  The second version to
get to me (usually the list copy) gets dumped.  I want to
receive the list copy, not the "personal" copy.  I suggest the
following for this list, and similar recipes for other lists.

:0: duplicate.lock
*!^X-Loop:.procmail
*
^(Apparently-To|To|Cc):(_dot_)*procmail(_at_)informatik\(_dot_)rwth-aachen\(_dot_)de
duplicate

  If no "X-Loop:" header containing the word "procmail" is
found, then it's not the list copy.  If it is also addressed
to the list, then it's the "personal" copy heading for me.

--
Walter Dnes (Toronto)
<waltdnes(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com>