Re: alternative /etc/passwd

1998-06-03 08:17:58
        Hi!!!

    I suppose there is no easy way to change this. I mean, there is no
configurable way.
    But you can change authenticate.c, specifically cgetpwnam and cgetpwuid
funtions. You have to return one passwd*, no matter what you do.

        Alexandre dos Santos

Takis Skagos wrote:

Hi,

  I was wondering if procmail can be configured to use a different
database for user lookups, other than /etc/passwd.  We are having really
bad timing problems here, and procmail is failing to find certain users.
If I can get it to use a different file, that might make life a little
better.

  Thanks for any information.

Takis
--
|o| P. Takis Skagos | skagos(_at_)sk(_dot_)sympatico(_dot_)ca      | SaskTel
AIS: Advanced |o|
|o| (306)777-4671   | www3.sk.sympatico.ca/skagos | Interactive Solutions |o|
|o|                       Death rides a pale cow.                         |o|