Re: Suspicious rc file

1998-06-15 16:03:16
Stathy Touloumis <stathy(_at_)jaske(_dot_)com> writes:
      I was wondering what would cause a .procmailrc file to give
me this error.  I have to users with the same copy of the
.procmailrc file except with the forwarding recipe.  One gives
me the error the other does not.  I have permissions set
properly, I'm stumped . . .

Procmail only gives that message if:

a)      the .procmailrc is owned by someone other than the user
        or root, or is world writable (independent of who owns it); and
b)      it's not /dev/null; and
c)      the directory is both world writable and world executable but not
                'sticky' (mode +t).

Now, since procmail thinks all three of those are true, you're going to
have to make false at least one of them.  Which of (a) and (c) are you
going to change?

Philip Guenther