Re: Need pointers for HTML --> ASCII conversions

1998-06-19 22:24:19
On 19 Jun 1998 jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com wrote:

|Fri 1998-06-19 Timothy J Luoma
<procmail(_at_)Unix(_dot_)luomat+Lists(_dot_)nokia(_dot_)com> list.procmail
| I'm getting a LOT of HTML email now.  99.9999999% of these are just regular

| text by people using M$ software that has HTML on by default.
|
| I'm sure someone has written a program script with lynx to convert HTML to
| regular ASCII text, but can't find any references to it

Here is perl one liner:

    perl -0777 -pe 's/<[^>]*>//g'

Can't then who was author of this elegant snippet :-)

Wouldn't it be eaiser to just snip off the offending html section since
most of this has a text and an html part to it?  And re-do the mime type
information.

--
What is mind?  No matter.
What is matter?  Never mind.