Re: Need pointers for HTML --> ASCII conversions

1998-06-20 07:30:11
At 05:37 PM 6/19/98 +0300, Jari Aalto+list.procmail wrote:
|Fri 1998-06-19 Timothy J Luoma
<procmail(_at_)Unix(_dot_)luomat+Lists(_dot_)nokia(_dot_)com> list.procmail
| I'm getting a LOT of HTML email now.  99.9999999% of these are just regular
| text by people using M$ software that has HTML on by default.
|
| I'm sure someone has written a program script with lynx to convert HTML to
| regular ASCII text, but can't find any references to it

Here is perl one liner:

   perl -0777 -pe 's/<[^>]*>//g'

Can't then who was author of this elegant snippet :-)

It also attacks non-HTML very well, too.

/* C source code */
        if (i<2 && j>3) do_something();

In fact, it will even wreck any copies of itself that it finds  :)

Cheers,
Stan