Re: limiting the size of a backup folder

1998-06-29 00:58:30
On 29 Jun 1998 10:02:00 +0300,
<jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com> (Jari Aalto+list.procmail) wrote:
|Sat 1998-06-27 dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com (David W. Tamkin) list.procmail
| Stathy Touloumis asked,
| | Is there any way to backup mail say to a single file but
| | prevent it from backing up a certain number of files?
| It can be done with a single flat folder as well, and there
| should be answers in the list archives, because the question has
| come up before.
There are not that many pointers. Here is what I have recorded:
    32.2 Expire mail pointers

That isn't quite what Stathy was asking about it, now, was it?

There was a pretty heavy thread around September 1997 about duplicate
detection, where some promising stuff was posted. One item you should
definitely have in your collection is Eli's hashd -- see
<http://www.rosat.mpe-garching.mpg.de/mailing-lists/procmail/1997-09/msg00160.html>

Matt Saroff started a thread about this in May of last year
<http://www.rosat.mpe-garching.mpg.de/mailing-lists/procmail/1997-05/msg00599.html>
where several of the replies are also helpful (at least to some extent :-)

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>