Re: filtering the body for a string

1998-06-26 08:34:10
|Fri 1998-06-26 Rocke Robertson 991-2604 UNTS
<rocker(_at_)tiger(_dot_)ncr(_dot_)pwgsc(_dot_)gc(_dot_)ca> list.procmail

| I cant seem to successfully filter the body of a message for a string like
| "dear friend".
|
| :0B
| * ^ *dear friend
| {
|       exitcode=77
|       :0h
|       /dev/null
| }

As you're new, I'll let you know that:

        [...]
        2.3 UBE and bouncing message back

          Has anyone found that bouncing spam does any good at all?

        [sean] I had a whole policy message written up that would be sent
        out to spammers. Nothing but a waste of my resources. Most return
        paths are either completely bogus, or end up bouncing pretty damn
        soon after the spam, which just brings you more junk to deal with.

So, setting exitcode is bad practise in general, unless you're confronted
with "rapid spammer" or "denial of service" attack. In your recipes
case setting the EXITCODE fortunately has no effect :-) The condition
you used looked good, care to post the snipped you're trying to mach?

    # /dev/null may be too dangerous, unless you keep backups

    NULL = "dev.null"

    :0 B:
    * ^ *dear friend
    $NULL