Processing outgoing SMTP messages with procmail.

1998-07-15 23:19:31
Greets.

I have been introduced to procmail by the friendly people at #linux on
IRC. However, after reading the docs & man, I still have not come to a
conclusion if procmail is the best solution. I would like to do the
following:

Messages sent to my server via SMTP are to be processed before being
sent out. A perl script is called, which adds a few lines to the
message, depending on the sender.
I am running sendmail-8.8.7 on Linux.

I would appreciate if anyone could help me out -- how would procmail
interface with sendmail? I'd like to know which files (conf/rc/man/doc)
I should be looking at.

Thanks.

A.