Re: Mailing to all users

1998-07-17 01:07:15
On Thu, 16 Jul 1998 14:23:49 -0500 (CDT), dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com (David W.
Tamkin) wrote:
Hernan Sanchez replied to Timothy Luoma's suggestion,
| I need to use procmail because I don't use "mail" as my local mail agent.
<...>
However, if you must do it or wish to do it within a procmail recipe,
 :0
 * conditions
 ! `cat userfile`

It still bears pointing out that this is a really cumbersome way to
call up [Procmail's notion of something reasonably close to a real]
sendmail (unless you actually want to do this conditionally).

    while read luser; do
      /usr/lib/sendmail -oi "$luser" </tmp/message
    done <userfile

where /tmp/message contains your message. (The file should probably
contain good From: and To: and Subject: headers on the first lines.
And let's hope it doesn't contain the words "get rich quick" anywhere
in it.)

/* era */

sendmail is usually in /usr/lib or /usr/sbin or /usr/etc or somewhere
else where it might not be in normal users' default path.

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>