Re: bounces and the right thing to do

1998-07-17 01:19:18
On Thu, 16 Jul 1998 18:16:15 -0400, Timothy J Luoma
<luomat+Lists/Unix/procmail(_at_)luomat(_dot_)peak(_dot_)org> wrote:
What is The Right Thing To Do with messages from mailer-daemons
telling me that a message I sent to a mailing list did not get
delivered to some recipient?
I usually forward them to the list-admin so they can decide to remove the
user from the list.

I actually complain to the user's postmaster, too. If their software
is sending bounces to the Sender:/From:/Reply-To: address rather than
the envelope sender, their software needs to be repaired.

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>