basic question

1998-07-22 09:32:22
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked before, and I apologize in advance.

I'm interested in using procmail to parse the bodies of all email messages
arriving at a certain email account looking for matching strings. Depending
on the match, I'd like to forward the email to the correct person within my
company. An example of this might be to handle email-based order forms.

Anyway, I've done something very similar with elm filters and with merely
forwarding the email to a Perl script. procmail clearly has a lot of power,
but I'm wondering if it can easily parse the body of a message. Nearly all
the examples I've seen of using procmail recipies are based on looking
through headers to weed out Spam.

Thanks,
Rob