Re: [Mime] mail messages as mime attachements

1998-08-12 03:25:12
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:19:12 -0500 (CDT), Chris Oxenreider
<oxenreid(_at_)state(_dot_)net> wrote:
The general solution recomeded was the use of an external program to
process the mail and re-invoke (recrusive?) procmail.
However, there is a slight issue with metamail.  In my inital tweeking of
the config.h and Makefiles metamail would not compile with GCC 2.8.1 on
Solrais 2.6+y2k.  I might invest more time in fixing this, or i may just

You might want to try the Mail::MIME Perl module instead of Metamail.
My personal experience with Metamail is that it's not really very
useful for unattended operation, but maybe that's just me.

FYI Message format:

Don't try to second-guess what MIME looks like. Read the spec, or use
a canned utility. Otherwise you end up repeating Microsoft's mistakes.
FWIW, the RFC is 2045.

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--
Bot Bait: It shouldn't even matter whether  (`')  Just  (`')  http://www.iki
I am a resident of the State of Washington   \/ Married! \/   .fi/~era/