multiple words in procmailrc's variables

1998-08-16 15:19:12
Hi!

While working on my other problem (concurrent sendmails) I found another
problem:

How do I have several words in a variable defined in .procmailrc ?

That is, I wanted sendmail to queue the mail (i.e. not deliver) in
the directory /var/mqueue.incoming.

First, I tried:
   SENDMAILFLAGS="-oQ/var/mqueue.incoming -odq"

Result: sendmail complained that it could not chdir to
        `/var/mqueue.incoming -odq'

Next attempt:
   SENDMAILFLAGS=-oQ/var/mqueue.incoming -odq

Result: Only the first argument is passed. Verified using $LOGNAME.

Of course, I could have a variable for each word, doing...

| $SENDMAIL $SMFLAG1 $SMFLAG2 $SMFLAG3 ... <recipient>

but this isn't quite what I had in mind. Any idea?

Thanks and regards, Walter

--
Haidinger Walter <walter(_dot_)haidinger(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net>
Student of Electrical Engineering, University of Technology, Vienna, Austria