Re: procmail $DEFAULT problems

1998-08-16 21:01:10
On Sun, Aug 16, 1998 at 09:27:55PM -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:
Gregory Sutter suggested to Volker Kuhlmann,

| I can only offer some trivialities:
|

| 2.  Put the SHELL=/bin/sh as the first line of your .procmailrc.

Not a factor; everything above the SHELL assignment is something that
procmail handles without forking a shell.

But if it handles those things, then forks a shell to handle the rest,
will the ones it set before the shell was called be set in the shell?

| 4.  Again, this probably shouldn't matter, but try setting
| MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
| then making
| DEFAULT="inbox"

You know, it shouldn't, but I wonder what would happen.  Volker's situation
is so danged anomalous that I wouldn't place any bets.  I'm really curious to
know whether that would somehow make it work.

It is a strange situation.  Volker, can you try this, just to see what
will happen?

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                 Bureaucrats cut red tape -- lengthwise.
mailto:gsutter(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com