Re: several recipients configuration

1998-08-21 14:43:40
On 21 August 1998, Florian Koch <koch(_at_)agua(_dot_)de> wrote:
Hello

I want to configure my .procmailrc file to handle several recipients
corresponding to the TO field.

When my system receives ONE e-mail for e.g hans(_at_)testdomain(_dot_)de and
michael(_at_)testdomain(_dot_)de this email is passed from sendmail to the
testdomain.de account. The .forward file invokes procmail to start.
Now my .procmailrc file has the following entries:
* ^TOhans
! hans(_at_)another(_dot_)domain1

:0
* ^TOmichael
! michael(_at_)another(_dot_)domain2

It matches the mail for hans and forwards it to
hans(_at_)another(_dot_)domain1(_dot_)
And this is exactly my problem.

How can I make procmail to send this email to hans and to michael

    I'm not sure I fully understand what you want, but:

(1) If you want messages to _either_ Hans or Michael to be bounced to
    both addresses:

        :0
        * ^TO_(hans|michael)
        ! hans(_at_)another(_dot_)domain1 michael(_at_)another(_dot_)domain2

(2) If you want messages to _both_ Hans and Michael to get to both
    addresses instead of being swallowed by the rules for either Hans
    alone or Michael alone:

        # messages to both Hans and Michael
        :0
        * ^TO_hans
        * ^TO_michael
        ! hans(_at_)another(_dot_)domain1 michael(_at_)another(_dot_)domain2

        # messages to Hans alone
        :0
        * ^TO_hans
        ! hans(_at_)another(_dot_)domain1

        # messages to Michael alone
        :0
        * ^TO_michael
        ! michael(_at_)another(_dot_)domain2

    Regards,

    Liviu

--
Dr. Liviu Daia                   e-mail:   daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics         web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia