Re: "hashing" the spool area

1998-08-21 16:29:04

Did you see the following?

  config.h:

        #define MAILSPOOLHASH   2      /* 2 would deliver to
                                        /var/spool/mail/b/a/bar */

This is in 3.11pre7, at least....

This (two levels) is compatible with the stock Qualcomm
qpopper code as well.

On Fri, Aug 21, 1998 at 01:38:27PM -0700, Christopher McCrory wrote:

      I did some patches to do just this.  They are currently at
ftp://morticia.netus.com in pub/patches or somthing similar.  I tested
these on a non production server several months ago.  I am currently in
the process of upgrading my production server.  One of the changes is to
put these patches into use.  !! I could use some feedback of them !! Is
anyone useing them now?

Andre Gustavo de C Albuquerque wrote:

        I want to store mailboxes in a "hashed" spool dir, like
/var/spool/g/gu/gustavo. The homedir mailbox solution doesn't apply 'cause
I need to set distincts quotas for mail and user storage area.

--
David Carmean
<dlc(_at_)avtel(_dot_)net>