Unexpected event in .procmailrc

1998-08-24 06:15:51
Hi Folks!
Things are getting pretty weird around these parts.
I had a recipe straight from man procmailex that wasn't working, in fact
procmail.log reports that procmail" skipped" the bang completely and here
it is (again)
:0
* ^From: Arthur D. Hewitt
  :0 c
  !colin(_at_)linus(_dot_)uhmc(_dot_)sunysb(_dot_)edu
  :0:
  In.saved
It does a great job of putting the message into In.saved, but won't
forward it! OK, now for the strange stuff.
According to man procmailex, putting these recipes above all others in the
.procmailrc will fix possibly munged headers in the "From" field (recipe
1) and make copies of all email into a folder called "backup" (recipe 2)
and finally keep the last 32 of 'em (recipe 3) Except that no
*other* recipe in the main body of the procmailrc worksnow,
instead all mail heads for the folder "backup" and doesn't go
anyplace else. Thoughts/Observations anyone?
Recipe 1
 :0 fhw
 | formail -I "From " -a "From "

Recipe 2
 :0 c
  /home/users/cjraven/mail/backup
#I changed the path, following a misfire where procmail was unable to
#locate the folder called backup

Recipe 3
 :0 ic
 | cd /home/users/cjraven/mail/backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e
1,32d`

As always, TIA
-Colin