Re: mail split for mail alias?

1998-08-26 18:28:46
On 26 August 1998, Jauder Ho <jauderho(_at_)transmeta(_dot_)com> wrote:

We have an alias which everyone gets mail at, some of the information
is worth archiving. So what we want to do is to build a searchable
index of all the messages split up by user and then number so it looks
something like

archive
      user1
              1       <--- individual message
              2
              3
              4
              5
      user2
              1
              2
              3
              4
              5

Basically, we want to periodically run a unix spool style file through
this filter to generate this. Can someone tell me of a quick recipie
that can do this? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

    IMO this would be handled much better by other means.  There are
several tools out there that can take a mailbox as input and produce web
pages with fancy indexing (threads, senders etc.).  I never used such a
tool myself, but I heard good things about Mhonarc (or something like
that); sorry, I don't have any pointer handy.

    Regards,

    Liviu

--
Dr. Liviu Daia                   e-mail:   daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics         web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia