Re: mail split for mail alias?

1998-08-26 19:08:42
On Wed, Aug 26, 1998 at 05:00:19PM -0700, Jauder Ho wrote:

We have an alias which everyone gets mail at, some of the information is
worth archiving. So what we want to do is to build a searchable index of
all the messages split up by user and then number so it looks something
like

archive
      user1
              1       <--- individual message
              2
              3
              4
              5
      user2
              1
              2
              3
              4
              5

Basically, we want to periodically run a unix spool style file through
this filter to generate this. Can someone tell me of a quick recipie that
can do this? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Have you looked at hypermail?  It does something similar.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                     If I had finished this sentence
mailto:gsutter(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com