Re: formail splitting problem

1998-09-04 00:20:39
|Fri 1998-09-04 Stan Ryckman <stanr(_at_)sunspot(_dot_)tiac(_dot_)net>
list.procmail
| At 01:15 AM 9/2/98 +0300, Jari Aalto+list.procmail wrote:
| >|Tue 1998-09-01 Stan Ryckman <stanr(_at_)sunspot(_dot_)tiac(_dot_)net>
list.procmail
| >|
| >| While others have addressed formail here, I will add a note on the RFC.
| >| Nothing in the mail RFCs addresses the storage of multiple messages;
| >| indeed, the "From " line itself is not part of any RFC, but rather
| >| a commonly-used line added during mail delivery on many systems.
| >
| >    http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc2076.html
|
|           This memo provides information for the Internet community. This
|           memo does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
|           Distribution of this memo is unlimited.
|
| i.e., RFC2076 is not a specification.  Quite possibly, you didn't find an
| actual specification for "From " because there isn't one.

I was merely trying to locate any source that would define or
systematically describe the layout of Berkley MBOX (Unix mailbox) format.
I just couldn't find anything. Not a shred of page referring to

    MBOX and Berkley
    Unix near Berkley
    Berkley and RFC
    ..your-guesses-are-as-good-as-mine-here...

The Berkley MBOX is legendary, so there must be some document covering it.
Does anyone know where?

jari