Re: use with sendmail 8.9.1

1998-09-04 02:47:49
Well, I did it finally. :~)

Originall I installed procmail in another machine different from the mail
machine, and use NFS to let the sendmail to use the NFS mounted directory
which procmail resite.

Now I just installed procmail in the mail machine, and it simply... works!

Thanks all of you :)

Utako

Thanks.

Well, I run this in my system and it was "killed" (a error message just
saying Killed):
  cat testfile | /usr/local/bin/procmail
and the testfile is just a sample mail with all the headers.
And if I really send a mail, I can read from the session it activate
procmail, and then "Killed" again. Sendmail returns me "mail prog died
with signal 11"

... Hum ... SIG 11 ? Memory problems ????

Will my network using NIS+ & NFS affecting something?

Really I can't give you a good answer for this. Personnaly I don't use NIS
or NIS+ on a mail hub mainly because of the cost (CPU / Network / etc...)
of this solution...

I'd rather use a local database, LDAP (mainly experimental for me, seems
to works but I dunno if this solution can work on heavy loaded
system...)..

My procmail works well in another machine which is standalone.

Is the another is exactly the same hardware (CPU / Arch / etc ???)

/Xavier

--
  _ _ /|    Cybernet Consulting Associates --
  \'o.O'    Internet Service Provider, Network Designer and Consultant