Re: Filtering Non-existant User Accounts

1998-09-04 06:32:37

You can't do it at the LDA stage.

Agreed.

   The basic prototype for this is probably already sitting in your
   sendmail.cf file, but commented out, as in:

No, it was not in my m4 generated .cf file so I uncommented below,
as suggested, like this:

   Kuser user -m -a<>
   DLspam

Reloaded sendmail, tried it, and wallaaaa:

sendmail[18360]: JAA18360: <ddddd(_at_)silkroad(_dot_)com>... User unknown

BUT, this would be an OK solution if we could get it to work,
then we could just .promailrc all the unknown users to /dev/null.

However, this solution wastes a little  bandwidth because the
entire envelope will be delivered via the LDS.  It seems a
more ideal solution would be to do as the address is being parsed
so the envelope could be rejected before wasting bandwidth.

access_db FEATURE with blacklist does this for users; but this
only works for valid user accounts, etc. as  pointed out.

Any more suggestions?

Tim

--
   Tim Bass