Re: (procmail) Re: Filtering Non-existant User Accounts

1998-09-04 11:33:31

This is far, far astream of procmail, so I won't go into further
detail -- I have done so in private email to Tim.  If anyone else wants
to continue the discussion, it should be in private mail, I guess.

First, why is discussing system level issues with procmail
'far upsteam'?  Is only receipe discussions allowed?

Second, the solution in access_db with blackmail does not meet the
requirements of my original question.

My question was not how to take the name of spammers and put the
into a database, which has been considered the 'solution'. It
is not; I should know, I defined the problem.

The problem is how to filter mail with procmail for user acccounts
that do not exist, delivering to valid accounts.

However, think it is better not to ask here.  The louder, more
active voices on the list seem to not want to talk about and
only want to provide inaccuate, incomplete discussions.

Many have pointed out that the access_db solution is not what
we require.  We should know, it is our requirement!

It seems I've stumbled into another list dominated by a few
people who have decided that only their topics are appropriate.

Good Bye.