Re: Filtering Non-existant User Accounts

1998-09-04 08:13:12
No, it was not in my m4 generated .cf file so I uncommented below,
as suggested, like this:

   Kuser user -m -a<>
   DLspam

Reloaded sendmail, tried it, and wallaaaa:

sendmail[18360]: JAA18360: <ddddd(_at_)silkroad(_dot_)com>... User unknown

Looks like Ron's instructions were incomplete.  That's what I get
for blindly quoting someone.  :)  Anyhow, I tested this and it works:

   # nospam is the account/alias name to receive all non-local mail; must NOT
   # include a FQDN!
   Kuser user -m -a<>
   DLlocal:nospam

   # send unrecognized local users to a relay host
   R< > $+       $: < $L . > $( user $1 $)   look up user
   R< $* > $+ <> $*   $: < > $2 $3         found; strip $L
   R< $* . > $+      $: < $1 > $2         strip extra dot

Those rulesets *SHOULD* already be in your sendmail.cf even if you don't have
the macro
and symbolic name definitions; just uncomment them.  If they aren't, make sure
that
you get the tabs right when you copy.

And now back to your regularly scheduled procmail recipes.

Chris