Re: (procmail) Filtering Non-existant User Accounts

1998-09-03 21:23:31
Tim Bass wrote:

<> Hi.  This might be the same question as before, but I think
<> the list did not receive it.
<>
<> How do you use procmail to filter all the spam which goes
<> to 'names' which do not exist?
<>
<> The only place I can think of in sendmail R0 rule-set; but
<> when I try it, it does not work.

Using sendmail 8.9.x just define

   FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -o /etc/mail/access')dnl
   FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)dnl

and then add the bogus names to /etc/mail/access with a snotty message:

   bogus(_at_)domain(_dot_)tld  550 You bought a spammer list; shame on you!

ObProcmail: Use procmail to filter all the postmaster copies of "unknown
user" bounces to a file where you can harvest them for the access
database.

Rgds,

Reto L.
--
R A Lichtensteiger       rali(_at_)meitca(_dot_)com -or-
rali(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com