Re: Looking for a simple rule to remove a 4 lignes signature.

1998-09-09 11:02:30

In message
<19980909155505(_dot_)5013(_dot_)rocketmail(_at_)send1e(_dot_)yahoomail(_dot_)com>,
 Jacques Gauth
ier wrote:
} > |
} > |
} ------------------------------------------------------------------------
} > | To unsubscribe from this mailing list, or to change your
} subscription
} > | to digest, go to the ONElist web site, at http://www.onelist.com and
} > | select the User Center link from the menu bar on the left.
}
} Hummm, next thing you know, the original sender
} of this question will post a message on the digest
} he's on asking how to get off that list.  :-)
}
} I add a similar signature on my mailing list so that
} people who discard the unsubscribe info won't
} bother the list members with questions in regards to
} how to get off the list.

One would think that such a procedure would be foolproof, but there's
always a better fool.  I can't count the number of times I've seen just
such a question asked in a mailing list which attaches unsubscribe
instructions at the footer of each message.

--
   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com