Process outgoing SMTP mails?

1998-09-21 15:36:05
I've a very basic question to confirm.

As an user of POP client mailer and commercial ISPs with UNIX SHELL account,
is it possible to process outgoing mails using procmail?

I can think of directing outgoing mail to my own account
with a dummy tentative To: header and some trigger info attached
which indicates it is actually an outgoing mail
and let procmail transmit it
after processing including replacememt of To: header.

But, other than that, is there any way?

Regards,
_/_/_/      Mitsuru FURUKAWA      _/_/_/
_/_/_/        Tokyo, Japan        _/_/_/
_/_/_/     mailto:furu(_at_)009(_dot_)com    _/_/_/
_/_/_/  http://www.009.com/furu/  _/_/_/