Information Request

1998-09-28 11:31:25

Since 1995 VAR.CODE has been a premier, award-winning Internet
technology supplier to both public and private sector organizations
worldwide. VAR.CODE provides dial-up Internet access services,
high-speed Internet server hosting (WWW, Gopher, FTP, mail) services,
both dedicated and shared, plus both pre-packaged and custom
applications software to enable organizations' use of the Internet
and Extranets.

WebWrite Productions
====================
VAR.CODE's services for end users in both the private and public sector.

Reseller's Network
==================
VAR.CODE's services for resale and use by developers and communications
management companies, including:

* Web Developers                 * Marketing Agencies
* Value-Added Resellers (VARs)   * Advertising Agencies
* System Integrators             * Executive Management Firms
* Graphics Designers

Internet Connection
===================
Our servers are connected via 10 mbps dedicated ethernet connection to
a Cisco 7200 series core router which uses BGP-4 (Border Gate Protocol)
with an assigned Autonomous System Number for peering to multiple
Internet backbone providers (Digex, CAIS, Sprintnet, Cyberconnection,
UUnet). We have redundant routers and switches in place in the unlikely
event any primary equipment fails. In the case of a downed circuit, our
router automatically shuts down connectivity to the faulty connection
and re-routes traffic through another backbone. The widely reported
outages during July 1997 on MAE did not affect our server availability.
This along with on-line UPS and an 80 KW generator insures continuous
power and bandwidth availability.

Network Operations Center
=========================
Our Network Operations Center (NOC) team consists of at least one
Senior Engineer (min. 3 years experience), several Staff Engineers
(min 2 years experience), and one or more Cisco Certified
Internetworking Experts (CCIE), to guarantee that the level of
expertise our clients need is always just a phone call or e-mail away.

Hardware
========
Servers are monitored continuously 24 hours a day, 7 days a week,
365 days a year. We are automatically notified via an alarm system
if a server goes down. We perform nightly incremental back-ups and
biweekly full back-ups.

Our shared server system infrastructure consists of a Sun Ultra I
server running Solaris 2.5.1, with 256 megabytes of RAM and 9 gig
storage.

ALL PLATFORMS
-------------
  * DLT tape machine
  * APC on-line UPS with 1 hour standby reserve
  * 80 KW stand-by emergency power electric generator set

Our dedicated servers consist of Unix, NT and Macintosh machines with
a range of configurations to choose from. For more information please
send email to "servers(_at_)resell(_dot_)net".

Shared Server Software
======================
Below is a list of currently installed software:

UNIX
----
Netscape Enterprise Server    version 3.0
Netscape Messaging Server     version 3.5
gcc/g++                       version 2.7.2.1
gunzip utilities              version 1.2.2
perl version 5.004
MySQLversion 3.21-beta
Mini SQL                      version 2.03
bash version 1.14.7
cybercoin/cash                version 2.1
ProcMail                      version 3.11
SmartList                     version 3.11
pine version 3.96
pico version 2.9
tcsh (turbo csh)              version 6.06
WU-FTPD                       version 2.4.2
HTTP-Analyze                  version 1.9e
Top 3.4 (Process Watcher)     version 3.4
Traceroute                    version 1.45a
Servlet JDK                   version 1.01
Java Runtime Environment      version 1.2.2
SSL  version 3.0
htmlscript (miva)             version 3.0
swish-e                       version 1.1
analog                        version 2.11
All CGI scripts
available from Matt's
Script Archive found
at http://www.worldwidemart.com

We also carry a variety of client-server software for
database, transactional and other Internet/Extranet
applications, including Netscape, iCAT, htmlscript, Sybase
and ServiceSoft. These applications are available on either
shared or dedicated server environments. Please contact
us regarding your particular requirements and for more
details.

Technical Support
=================
We have three mechanisms for delivering technical support to our
customers:

1) on-line FAQs (frequently-asked-questions);
2) technical support emailbox 'help'; and,
3) toll-free help desk telephone line.

To find out more about our technical support capabilities go to

        http://www.resell.net/techsprt.htm

Virtual Servers
===============
       Rate Plan
         a la
                     A         B         C         D       Carte
                   ------    ------    ------    ------    -----
Monthly Cost       $19.95    $24.95    $29.95    $34.95

Quarterly Billing
-----------------
Automatic Debit    $59.85    $74.85    $89.85    $104.85
Invoice Mailed     $64.85    $79.85    $94.85    $109.85

Yearly Billing
--------------
Automatic Debit    $203.49   $254.49   $305.49   $356.49
Invoice Mailed     $208.49   $259.49   $310.49   $361.49

Set-Up Fee*        $30       $30       $30       $30

File Storage       10        25        50        100       $5/25MB
Space (Mbytes)

Unique Assigned    yes       yes       yes       yes
Static IP
Address**

Unlimited          yes       yes       yes       yes
Traffic (hits)***

FTP Accounts       1         2         3         5         $5 set-up
           $5/mo.

POP E-mail         1         6         12        24        $5 set-up
Accounts   $5/mo.

Shell (Telnet)     no        1         1         2         $5 set-up
Accounts   $5/mo.

E-mail Alias       4     unlimited  unlimited unlimited    $5 set-up
Accounts   $5/mo.

Anonymous FTP      no       yes       yes        yes       $5 set-up
Server     $5/mo.

CGI Scripts       ours      ours      ours       ours      $5 set-up
Programs****              or yours  or yours   or yours      $5/mo.

Mailing Lists     no        yes       yes        yes       $5 set-up
Auto-Responders                     $5/mo.

HTMLscript        no        yes       yes        yes       $5 set-up
(miva)     $5/mo.

mSQL              no        yes       yes        yes       $5 set-up
           $5/mo.

MySQL             no        yes       yes        yes       $5 set-up
Engine     $5/mo.

Secure Server     no        yes       yes        yes       $5 set-up
(SSL)      $5/mo.

FOOTNOTES:

1. A la carte are additional service items which can be added to Plans
   A, B, C or D.
2. We must have either a current credit card or bank account on file
   which we are authorized to automatically debit quarterly or yearly.
   Your credit card statement is your receipt as we do not mail invoices
   or receipts using automatic debit.
3. We charge $5 per invoice handled. This is to cover our costs of
   generating the invoice and receiving/depositing your check payment.
4. Yearly billing and prepayment receives a 15% discount.
5. Set-up fee is a one-time charge. Plan upgrades incur no set-up charge.
6. Uses DNS. Not a "fake" server. Compatible with all browsers.
7. If a customer's website and/or associated program(s) use excessive
   amounts (far above average) of the total shared resources available
   (CPU cycles and/or bandwidth) thereby disrupting the availabiliy of
   other customer's content, then VAR.CODE reserves the right to make
   special arrangements the costs for which may be passed on to the
   responsible customer (by prior consent).
8. Ditto #7 above.
9. Database software is shareware. Customer is solely responsible for any
   and all licensing costs (if any). Please see database documentation for
   details.
10.Unless customer obtains their own SSL certificate from a certificate
   authority, use of SSL will require utilization of our certificate and
   URL, e.g. www.resell.net. If you want autonomy you must obtain your own
   SSL certificate. Please contact us for further information.

Value-Added Programs & Utilities
================================
* Perform many of your web server administration tasks via a customized
  browser window.
* Use FTP and telnet to manage your web site and files.
* Secure Server (SSL) capability at no additional charge.
* Your URL would be HTTP://yourname.com (-or- .org/.edu/.gov/.us).
* No charge for inbound/outbound FTP traffic.
* Your own cgi-bin.
* Virtual listserv/auto-responder/MAILBOT using ProcMail/SmartList.
* Virtual FTP server, e.g. ftp.yourname.com.
* View your website access stats anytime via your browser.
* Serve multiple audio and video file types, including: Progressive
  Network's RealAudio, VocalTec's Iwave, DSP Group's TrueSpeech,
  Apple's QuickTime, Netscape's LiveAudio and Media Player, and others.
* Extensive library of freeware & shareware CGI scripts, including
  Email Forms, GuestBooks, Hypertext Bulletin Boards, Counters,
  ImageMaps and more.
* On-line programs available for use include: htmlscript, W3MAGIC, PGP,
  (Wdb), wwwwais, swish, W3-mSQL / Mini SQL, Weblib, MiniVend, HTGREP,
  Glimpse / WebGlimpse, Hypermail, and HyperNews.
* Fifteen percent (15%) discount available for non-profit and
  educational organizations.

Terms, Conditions, Misc.
========================
* Commercial use is allowed.
* Resale of virtual server resources e.g. http://abc.com/customer/
  is **not** allowed.
* Yes, we work with resellers. For more information please visit our
  Reseller's Network website at http://www.resell.net.
* No pornography, spamming or illegal uses will be permitted.
* Minimum contract length is 3 months, prepaid, followed by
  quarterly billings. Discounts are available for longer terms.
* We accept American Express, Visa, and MasterCard.
* Our contract is available via a mail bot. Send a blank email to:
  contract(_at_)resell(_dot_)net

Applications Development Services
=================================
We have alliances with the following server applications vendors:

* Netscape Expert Solution Provider
* ServiceSoft Value-Added Reseller
* htmlscript Vender Partner
* Sybase Systems Integrator Partner
* iCAT Commerce Partner

We are also a GTE Authorized Agent and resell their Internet access
dial-up analog and ISDN services. Please contact us at
'access(_at_)resell(_dot_)net' for details.

Applications development services include, but are not limited to,
the following: extranets, databases, search engines, server
push/client pull, fax & voice mail integration, mailing lists, file
servers (e.g. MAILBOTS, FTP, Gopher, auto responders), hypertext
bulletin boards, hypertext computer conferencing, secure order
entry/payment systems, and forms hosting (for Web sites without
CGI-BIN access).

   * Presentation design and layout, simple image creation, image
     scanning, copy-editing, and content licensing.
   * Imagemaps, forms, tables, HTML, Netscape Extension Language,
     Microsoft Extension Language, htmlscript coding, and CGI
     scripting (C, Perl, SQL, javascript, tcl).
   * Language translation of page text for international audiences.
   * Development of strategic marketing and Web site promotion plans.
   * Web site maintenance, including: page updates/additions/deletions,
     customized forms-generated data manipulation and reporting,
     customized Web site access reporting.
   * Fine, original one-of-a-kind graphic artwork as GIF & JPEG images.

Misc.
====
* Additional information is available at http://www.resell.net and
  http://www.webwrite.com.
* Our "up time" is 99.7%
* The Domain Name registration form is available via mail bot. Send
  a blank email to: dnform(_at_)resell(_dot_)net

Thank you for your inquiry. If you have additional questions please
send them to "sales(_at_)resell(_dot_)net" or call toll free (888)8-RESELL
(888-873-7355).

   \                         VAR.CODE                          /
   \        webwrite.com     resell.net     develop.net        /
   *     More than just mere Web space. Internet business      *
   /     solutions for end users and resellers since 1995.     \
   /  Tel. 919-549-0214   FAX 919-549-0216   sales(_at_)resell(_dot_)net  \