Re: Breaking out of an INCLUDERC procmail script

1998-10-02 12:42:09
Ralph Sobek asked,

|       What is the *best* method to abort out of an INCLUDERC
| procmail script?

By putting the rest of it inside braces; there currently is no "return to the
calling rcfile now" directive.  (No, folks, missetting HOST in an INCLUDERC
will not do it.  It will knock procmail out of the INCLUDERC, out of the
calling rcfile, and to the next rcfile named on the command line [or out into
the ether if there are no more rcfiles named on the command line].)

| Something like this?
|
| :0:
| * !fee
| * !fie
| * !fum
| {
|       # original INCLUDERC script
| }

Gee, Ralph, you already knew.

| Does this cause problems to place a large portion of a script unde a
| single set of braces {} ?

It hasn't for me, and I have pairs of braces that span hundreds of lines
of code and are nested perhaps five deep.