usage of procmail

1998-10-06 11:40:09

Hi,

I have a few questions and problems regarding the usage of procmail.
I am developing a small server application in C on SunOS5.0. The server
needs to update a database whenever a new mail comes into the mailbox. The
problem that I have is "How do I  let the server know that a new mail has
arrived in the mailbox. I have come across procmail while searching the
manpages. Can I set the procmail so that it intimates the server. if yes
could you let me know how. please reply ASAP.

Thanks a lot.

Raj.