mailstat message

1998-10-14 09:13:35
Hi, everyone.

I run mailstat in cron every night at midnight, and occasionally in
its output is the following line:
      0       1  ## procmail: Couldn't unlock "intp.lock"

'intp' is an incoming mail folder I have.  It's fairly active, so
sometimes I'll have it open (using Pine) while messages arrive. I know
more than 1 or 2 messages come in while I'm doing that, though, so I'm
not sure if that's what's causing it.  Could it be two messages
arriving in quick succession, or maybe Pine opening the folder (or
closing it) right as procmail is saving a message to it? Or maybe when
I'm expunging deleted messages from the folder?  It doesn't cause any
real problems, but I'm curious to see if it's something I can
eliminate.

The relevant lines from my .procmailrc:
PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
ORGMAIL=/usr/mail/schaller
LOGFILE=$HOME/logs/.procmail.log
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail
VERBOSE=no

# intp list - send to filter
:0fc

# intp list - save to folder
# intp-request(_at_)jubjub(_dot_)wizard(_dot_)com
# subject: unsubscribe
:0:
intp

-- I send all the messages from it through a filter, so I can count
them and do other fun stuff.  That part is working OK.

Thanks for any pointers!

-jeff

----
Jeff Schaller                   schaller(_at_)learjet(_dot_)com
UNIX System Administrator       Phone:  (316) 946-7255
Learjet Inc                     Fax:    (316) 946-2809