Re: filtering "uns*bscribe"-type requests etc.

1998-10-19 02:30:35
Darren Wyn Rees writes:

An example of what I would like to delete: the single line email with
"unsubscribe" in it.

Here's one of my anti-spam recipies.  Note the 'B', which filters on the
body rather than the headers.

:0 B:
* (bull.*eye *gold|\
removal instructions|\
sent in (accordance|compliance) (with|to|of)|\
removed.*reply.*remove.*subject|\
complies with.*301|\
bulk e.?mail|\
stardates|\
advertise.*800|\
Our research indicates.*may be of interest to you|\
If you would like to have checks of|\
(want|wish) to be removed|\
million e.?mail addresses)
/dev/null

(I'd welcome suggestions if this is horribly inefficient or something;
but it seems to work for what I needed.)

If a system is of sufficient complexity, it will be written before it's
designed, implemented before it's tested, and obsolete before it's
debugged
http://www.unixgeek.com/cgi-bin/motd.pl - PGP email preferred