Re: Me again...

1998-10-19 11:41:25
Hrothgar writes:

Well, I got some mail today from a couple mailing lists and procmail
didn't sort it.  My .procmailrc reads:

:H:
   * ^TO: .*\<discuss(_at_)nowhere\(_dot_)com\>
   * ^CC: .*\<discuss(_at_)nowhere\(_dot_)com\>
   nowhere

I was hoping that would perform a logical OR to see if the To: or Cc:
contained the mailing list address.  Can someone tell me how to do
this right?  The man pages are confusing to me.  Thanks again...

What you have there is an and condition.  try:

* ^(To|Cc): .*  (etc)

Look also in the man page for the special pattern ^TO, which should
cover most destination adresses.  It is a better solution than what I
posted there, but wanted you to see how an 'or' might be done if you
need it for something else.

If you reread your work, you can find on rereading a great deal of
repetition can be avoided by rereading and editing.
http://www.unixgeek.com/cgi-bin/motd.pl - PGP email preferred