Re: Me again...

1998-10-19 11:55:54
Hrothgar writes--
Well, I got some mail today from a couple mailing lists and procmail
didn't sort it.  My .procmailrc reads:

:H:
  * ^TO: .*\<discuss(_at_)nowhere\(_dot_)com\>
  * ^CC: .*\<discuss(_at_)nowhere\(_dot_)com\>
  nowhere

I was hoping that would perform a logical OR to see if the To: or Cc:
contained the mailing list address.  Can someone tell me how to do this
right?  The man pages are confusing to me.  Thanks again...

Procmail "ands" conditions in a recipe. To "or" them, try something like this:

  :0:
  # use any unambiguous fragment of the mailing list address here
  * ^(To|CC): (_dot_)*discuss(_at_)nowhere\(_dot_)com
  nowhere

That pipe "ors" the two header-line leaders. You do need a zero, and you
don't need an "H" in the prelude line (header-match only is on by default).

I'm not a real procmail whiz, but I figured I could handle this one. Caveat
lector.

    Adam Rice |  adamrice(_at_)crossroads(_dot_)net  | Check out
Austin TX USA | http://www.crossroads.net | XJ: Translation Jobs