mail on demand-majordomo and procmail

1998-10-21 01:20:23
Era,
this time to the list:
I am running a nice little LINUX-server just beside me.
It fetches the mail from a distant server 3 - 5 times a day, works fine.

The mailing-lists I own, run on my local server.
For the open lists I installed POP3-adresses as well as for majordomo!
---> on the distant server.
That means, majordomo does not run there, only here.
No problem at all. In majordomo-config I named the server like the
distant server.

But then I installed the first closed list with a different owner (to
me) and had to install at least 2 more eMail-adresses. list-owner and
list-approval
Nonsense! Procmail can do the job.
I have a default POP3 *(_at_)distantserver, whose mail is directed to my
dummy-user, in whose directory I have .procmailrc.

But, here I found out, that the organisation of distant POP3, local
users, aliases and forwarding is a bit much for my head.

Is there anybody (except for you) who understands what I am writing
about?
;-)))

I can continue without problems:
Within this system I am planning to have a closed master-list and a few
daughter lists.
The subscribers of the daughter-lists must have been authorized and
subscribed in the master-list.
Later, they can unsubscribe and subscribe as they wish, as long as their
eMai-adress is the same.
I would like to have it running basing on procmail and scripts ...
Jost

--
Birkenhaus - Die Fruehstueckspension im Herzen von Bad Pyrmont:
http://schaper.org/birkenhaus/pension.htm