Re: help, please

1998-10-21 01:21:49
era eriksson wrote:
BIRKENHAUS(_at_)t-online(_dot_)de (Jost Schaper) wrote:
 > dear Era,
 > please help me.
Any particular reason you're not sending this to the list? What if I
were on vacation or something?
Era,
sorry, ashes on my head.
I felt, it were so urgent and didn't want to put so simple questions.
Thus I shall resend it to the list and add a few very simple questions.
Fortunately I could fish the missing requests from the majordomo-Log,
and send them anew.

 > :0 : jost
 > * ^TO*
 > ! jost(_at_)localhost
 > to get all, that could not be delivered. Is that correct?

You probably mean

    :0
    ! jost(_at_)localhost

but I don't see how creating a mail loop would improve on things. Put
them in a folder instead:

    :0:
    $HOME/oooops
What shall I put in the place of "$HOME/oooops ?
/home/jost/Mail ?

I am not the user who gets the mail (dummy-user for procmail only), but
I want it.

Don't use locking for forwarding. Don't use a condition if you want to
do things unconditionally. A lone '*' is incorrect regex syntax. ^TO
only catches messages which have a header which matches the ^TO macro
(in practice, all reasonably formatted messages, but why chance it).

 > :0 : eso-list
 > * ^TOeso-list
 > ! eso-list(_at_)localhost
 > :0 : eso-list-approval
 > * ^TOeso-list-approval
 > ! firstname(_at_)t-online(_dot_)de

The first condition already catches all messages. Swap the order of
the recipes, and take out the locking.
Hope this helps,

Helped! Thank you.
Jost
--
Birkenhaus - Die Fruehstueckspension im Herzen von Bad Pyrmont:
http://schaper.org/birkenhaus/pension.htm