header addition at top of procmailrc

1998-10-27 02:53:39

I need to add a header to incoming email - This is pretty
simple to do with formail and I am familiar with that.

What I do not understand is how do I modify my .procmailrc
file so that the new header gets added at the very beginning
of the .procmailrc then it is processed as usual.

Can I use the carbon copy flag somehow?  :0 c

I am hoping there is some way to globally add a header instead
of adding it to each recipe in .procmailrc.

Could I maybe add it to my .forward file somehow?

My intended use is to add a unique header to every email that
procmail processes - then over on my pop server, I am going to
check for that flag - if it is not there, then someone mailed
directly to my pop server and I will flag it as potential spam.

(all valid email should be sent to a mail alias)

thanks,

toddl