bogus mail box

1998-10-28 00:23:24
hello,

i'm new to this mailing list so dont shoot me if this has been discussed
before.

i use procmail as local delivery program. some users at my site must not
get any email so i thought of chown theit mailbox which works with the
standard mail program. procmail (as documented in the man page) renames
the bogus mailbox and creates a new one) since it does that as root there
is no way (?) of preventing this.

so does anybody know how to 'close' mailboxes for individual users using
procmail?

my os solaris: 2.5.1
sendmail ver.: 8.8.8
procmail ver.: v3.11pre7

thanks for any suggestions

clemens

 clemens schmuck - systemadministator
 edv-zentrum universitaet salzburg      +43 (0)662 8044 6731
 hellbrunnerstr. 34
clemens(_at_)wst(_dot_)edvz(_dot_)sbg(_dot_)ac(_dot_)at
 5020 salzburg, austria                 http://www.edvz.sbg.ac.at/~clemens
   get my public key from http://www.edvz.sbg.ac.at/~clemens/pks.html