Re: Mime and Pine

1998-11-02 05:55:05
On 2 November 1998, era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> wrote:
On Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:05:21 +0100 (MET), Bertil Stenstrom
<stenis(_at_)sto(_dot_)sema(_dot_)se> wrote:
 > Has anyone written a procmail-rule that could automatically send a
 > reply to the sender if the mail is encoded in that way ?? (asking
 > them to send plain text only) The reply-stuff is not the problem,
 > it's the logic of how to detect the html-mime-stuff that I'm
 > uncertain about.

Typically something like

or a multipart with an HTML body part:

  * B ?? ^Content-type: text/html
[...]

    Well, a HTML attachment in a multipart/alternative is not as bad as
a "pure HTML" one --- with multipart/alternative you have a plain text
version around, which is (hopefully) equivalent to the HTML stuff.  Not
that this should be interpreted as an encouragement for people to keep
sending that kind of attachments... :-)

    Regards,

    Liviu Daia

--
Dr. Liviu Daia               e-mail:   daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics     web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia