Re: Rookie Procmail Questions

1998-11-03 11:48:34

Ok I'll try again.

As an example:

If I get mail that has the word "Release" in the Subject line I want it
to go in my mail folder that is located at
$HOME/mail/folder/Foo/Releases.

MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

  :0: # Simple Release Mail Example
  * /\Release
  Foo/Releases
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Is this the correct way to specify a  mail folder in a sub
  directory of my $MAILDIR ?

  I'm pretty sure it ism I just wanted to check.

Next:

My old my sorter (Personal Postmaster) when it's sorting certain mail
to folders (set by the user) can pop up a mailtool and play a sound
announcing the incoming mail. I saw this as one of the features
for procmail.  I just didn't see an example.

So with the Release example I would jet an OpenLook mailtool to pop
up (if it already wasn't up) tied to that folder.

Something like
mailtool -Mf $HOME/mail/folder/Foo/Regressions -fg black -bg Light

I think I need to set the $MAIL env to this folder too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mick