Re: Rookie Procmail Questions

1998-11-03 11:54:18
On Tue, 3 Nov 1998 10:35:04 -0800,
Michael(_dot_)Limprecht(_at_)Eng(_dot_)Sun(_dot_)COM
(Michael Limprecht) wrote:
If I get mail that has the word "Release" in the Subject line I want it
to go in my mail folder that is located at
$HOME/mail/folder/Foo/Releases.

MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

  :0: # Simple Release Mail Example
  * /\Release
  Foo/Releases

Coupla small corrections:

    :0:
    * ^Subject:.*\<Release\>
    folder/Foo/Releases

The \< \>:s are to prevent partial word matches like "prereleases".

My old my sorter (Personal Postmaster) when it's sorting certain mail
to folders (set by the user) can pop up a mailtool and play a sound
announcing the incoming mail. I saw this as one of the features
for procmail.  I just didn't see an example.

There's an example somewhere, but the basic idea is to just

    :0ci
    * some condition here, perhaps (leave out to do unconditionally)
    | cat soundfile >/dev/audio

You obviously need permissions on /dev/audio for this to work (but you
do anyway, don't you).

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--
Bot Bait: It shouldn't even matter whether  (`')  Just  (`')  http://www.iki
I am a resident of the State of Washington   \/ Married! \/   .fi/~era/