Re: Future discussion with SRB on Undernet at 19:00 GMT today

1998-11-03 17:52:27
On Tue, 3 Nov 1998 17:25:06 +0200 (EET), era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi>
wrote on the Procmail mailing list:
I chalked up an agenda and some additional pointers at
<http://www.helsinki.fi/~reriksso/procmail.html>

This URL now holds the beginnings of a summary of the stuff we
discussed. There is also a complete transcript of the IRC session
behind a link.

First and foremost, a procmail-dev mailing list has been started.
Similarly there is now a smartlist-dev list. To subscribe, send a
subscribe request to (listname)-request(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl(_dot_)
                               ^^^^^^^^
If you get this wrong, you will be put in limbo for three months.
Also remember to check the spelling of the "sub" word.

The purpose of these lists is to be a +focused+ +low-volume+ forum for
talk about development. For the time being, get in touch with me if
you want to know more. I'll be less secretive when things start moving
forward.

Abridged version of the web page:

   Last modified: Wed Nov 4 01:45:06 EET 1998 (that's GMT plus 2).

  Main points

     * License

                release both procmail and SmartList (separately) under
                both the GPL and the Artistic license (same as Perl did,
                leave the choice to the user)

     * People

        Should there be a "consortium" of some sort?
                Briefly: yes.

        Servers for www, ftp and mailing lists should be created,
        likely in the domain procmail.org. Server providers and
        volunteers to manage them are needed. Myself and Joey
        act as coordinators for this.

        Stephen and Phil are basically kings of the source tree.

     * Source

          + CVS repository -- writable by srb and Phil
          + Coding style -- hmmm, revisit later
          + Documentation -- should perhaps be separate from C sources
          + Pending features (TODO list) [snip here]
          + SmartList -- should perhaps be kept as separate as possible?

I might have gotten some of these more or less wrong. Send me fixes
and I'll update.

/* era */

--
Bot Bait: It shouldn't even matter whether  (`')  Just  (`')  http://www.iki
I am a resident of the State of Washington   \/ Married! \/   .fi/~era/