Re: procmail redirection to script problem

1998-11-10 21:26:08

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Campbell <mcampbell(_at_)s1(_dot_)com>
To: procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
<procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>;
Somiya <somiya12(_at_)bom5(_dot_)vsnl(_dot_)net(_dot_)in>
Date: Wednesday, November 11, 1998 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: procmail redirection to script problem

Somiya writes:
Hi,

            I am using $HOME/.procmailrc to execute a script whenever a
mail arrives.

This is the contents of my $HOME/.procmailrc

LOGFILE=procmail.log
VERBOSE=on
:0 bc:
|formail -I "" > bodyfile
:0 hc :
|formail -X From: > headfile
:0 hc:
|formail -X To: >> headfile
:0 hc:
|formail -X Subject: >> headfile
:0 c:
|testmail.pl

This script when called on arrival of mail gives a syntax error while
the same script runs perfectly at unix prompt. Can anybody tell me
what the problem is ?

if you told us what the error was, maybe.  What's your error log look
like?  (And what's the script look like?)

--
404-812-6641 - PGP mail preferred
http://www.s1.com/ : http://godzilla/mcampbell/

The perl script looks for the from, to, subject from the headfile & body
from bodyfile & stores it in a database file. The sysntax error comes comes
on the first line of the script itself.

i.e.  part of the script

#!/usr/bin/perl

$res = &captures_dts ();  # the error comes here

I am attaching the procmail.log file for your reference