Re: Multiple To: recipients

1998-11-11 09:55:14
If you're trying to do a virtual domain by having all the email for the
domain forwarded to a single account which then uses procmail to split
it back up, then you can't do it with just procmail.  You need the MTA
(sendmail, or whatever program is doing the forwarding to the account)
to record somewhere what the _envelope_recipient_ address or addresses
were.  Without that it cannot handle mailing lists or Bcc's and may
misdirect or lose messages.

Yes that is what I was originally hoping to do since I had a web based
interface for our users to manage their mail accounts.  We have switched
sinced to Qmail which works great, I don't feel like rewriting the web
interface script : )

Thanks,

--
  Stathy Touloumis, CTO - JASKE.COM 'innovative I/net'
                    JASKE.COM, Inc.