locking in no-default mailspool dir

1998-11-12 02:56:55
Hello all (first time on this list),

Appologies if this has already been answered in the recent past:

Linux 2.0.35
sendmail 8.9.0
procmail v3.11pre7 globally invoked from sendmail

I need to use a non-standard mailspool dir for reasons I won't go into now....
The chosen mailspool is on a seperate partition: /sd3/mail
Permissions are the same as for /var/spool/mail
MAILSPOOLDIR in authenticate.c has been set:
#define MAILSPOOLDIR    "/sd3/mail/"
Mail is delivered just fine but lockfiles are completely ignored.
I create my own lockfiles with my own pop3 mail server and this has worked
very nicely on several systems using the default /var/spool/mail for many
months.

I have scaned through some of the source for procmail and lockfile but I'm
too week in c to figure out why the semaphore lockfiles are ignored.

Can anyone help suggest a way to use a non-default mailspool dir but still
keep the same global locking behaviour?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Tiramani
FREDO / ENTERPRISE AB / EAB/NPA-CONNECT
markjt(_at_)fredo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk / markjt(_at_)eab(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk /
support(_at_)eab(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk