Re: locking in non-default mailspool dir

1998-11-14 17:38:06
"Mark Tiramani" <markjt(_at_)eab(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:
"Nathan Clemons [Staff]" <nathan(_at_)ici(_dot_)net> writes:
Did you also change it in ../autoconf.h?

Yes, that is I changed it in autoconf which created autoconf.h with the
correct spool dir
#define MAILSPOOLDIR "/sd3/mail/"
(with trailing slash).

I thought maybe it's the permissions but they are exactly the same as for the
/var/spool/mail  setup that works fine (with 3.10 btw):

/var/spool/mail = root.mail and drwxrwxr_x
maildrops = <uid>.<ugid>
lockfiles = <uid>.<ugid> and _r________

That'll require procmail to be either setuid root or setgid mail.  Have
you tried stracing procmail to see what system call is failing?  (You'll
have to do so as root for the set[ug]id stuff to work.)

Philip Guenther