Re: Jari's mime killing utility, how does it work

1998-11-22 13:32:51
I am not sure this message was intended for me...

Even so, it is WAY over my head. I am returning it, replying to all, with
the hopes it will get to it's original intended destination. If not, you can
forward to whomever you intended.

Regards,
PC Stupid
-----Original Message-----
From: Jari Aalto+list.procmail <jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com>
Date: Sunday, November 22, 1998 12:36 PM
Subject: Re: Jari's mime killing utility, how does it work

|Sun 1998-11-22 "Matthew G. Saroff" <msaroff(_at_)pca(_dot_)net> list.procmail
|
| I have a need to kill application/postscript attachments that come
| in to one of my accounts. I have attempted to put the following in my
| .procmailrc.
|
| JA_MIME_TYPE = "application/postscript"
| INCLUDERC = $PMSRC/pm-jamime-kill.rc
|
| Ths stuff sails through unaffected.
| Could someone give me VERY basic instructions on how to install
| these so that they work?

Hi Matthew,

Please send me an example of your postscript attachement with Full headers
and body and I can tell you more why it might fail. A verbose log would
also help to pinpoint a problem. I assume you DID read the remark on
AWK from the instructions in the recipe?

To set up an additional attachement killer is matter of adding recipe like
this.

   :0 B
   * application/postscript
   {
       JA_MIME_TYPE = "application/postscript"
   }

Just like you did, but rememeber if you do

   JA_MIME_TYPE = "application/postscript

You set it permanently and it will only kill postscript, whereas the
conditional above will change the type only locally when postscript
isw received.

jari