Re: Jari's mime killing utility, how does it work

1998-11-22 18:09:51
On 22 Nov 1998, Jari Aalto+list.procmail wrote:
To set up an additional attachement killer is matter of adding recipe like
this.

    :0 B
    * application/postscript
    {
        JA_MIME_TYPE = "application/postscript"
    }

Just like you did, but rememeber if you do

    JA_MIME_TYPE = "application/postscript

You set it permanently and it will only kill postscript, whereas the
conditional above will change the type only locally when postscript
isw received.
Hi,
        I still can't get it to work.  This is the whole listing for my
.procmailrc on this account.:

PMSRC=/home/saroffk
LINEBUF=32000
FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail
DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/saroffk
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail
LOGFILE=$HOME/.maillog
PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.

:0 B
* application/postscript
{
    JA_MIME_TYPE = "application/postscript"
}

INCLUDERC=$PMSRC/pm-jamime-kill.rc

--
  Matthew Saroff  | Standard Disclaimer:  Not only do I speak for
       _____      | No one else, I don't even Speak for me.  All my
                  | In fact, all my personalities and channeled spirits
Saroff wuz here   | hate my guts. (Well, maybe with garlic & butter...)
For law enforcment officials monitoring the net: abortion, marijuana, cocaine,
cia,plutonium, ammonium nitrate, militia, dea, nsa, pgp, hacker, assassinate.
Send suggestions for new and interesting words to:
msaroff(_at_)123456(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com (remove the numbers to reply)
Check http://www.pobox.com/~msaroff, including The Bad Hair Web Page